A.A.L.I.Y.A.H

If you didn't know, today marks 15 years since the princess of R&B's passing. One thing that you may not know about me is that Aaliyah is and has been always been one of my favourite artists. My love for her started when I was around 3 or 4 and has never faded. Lord knows why I was singing Rock the Boat like I had any clue what it was about, but regardless her music has always spoken to me. I mean, just listen to the 'Age Ain't Nothing but a Number' album (which she recorded at 15 btw) or her last self-titled album and I promise you will understand why I've been a fan for so long.


Now, she clearly had the vocals, legendary music video, timeless music and personality. I mean, if you've watched any of her interviews, you can't help but wish you were friends with her. But one thing that Aaliyah is most remembered for today is her iconic looks. Her style was iconic and she definitely had one of the largest influences in style at the peak of her career .. this is not up for debate. 

It goes to show just how legendary she was that in her short career she was able to leave an impression that would still be so relevant today. I'm still amazed and inspired by everything that she was able to accomplish only being 22 years old. If that isn't motivation then I don't know what is. I thought there would be no better way to show appreciation for my  than to put together an edit of a couple of my favourite songs and looks. 

Best of Aaliyah 

1. One in a Million 
2. Four Page Letter
3. I Don't Wanna 
4. Try Again
5. The One I Gave My Heart To
6. I Miss You
7. Rock the Boat
8. More Than a Woman
9. If Your Girl Only Knew
10. Are You That Somebody
11. Back And Forth
12. Come Over







No comments